Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Mobile Perf bookmarklet by @souders (Link of the day)

I have been very pleased by todays tweets
specially @souders compilation of other bookmarklets:

Mobile Perf bookmarklet

I have looked a bit closer to some of them:
First:
DOM Monster
and I have posted two comments to GitHub:

issue/8
and
issue/7
Happy to receive reply:

From: madrobby

You're welcome to submit pull requests/patches. However, I think DOM Monster will grow and change quite a bit so premature micro-optimizations might be a 

might early...

View Issue: https://github.com/madrobby/dom-monster/issues#issue/8/comment/672058

But:
I consider both issues as basic coding practice, not optimization ! (rename to JS Monster ?)
I'm not "skilled" with github (yet) sorry.

I'm willing to contribute, but cannot be forced into how and when.

Some ideas and wishes
from my own unfinished code performing "page analysis".
My code is not only performance based so some may not aplly to DOM Monster.
  • Inline Scripts Detection
  • Standard vs. Quircks mode
  • Empty ULs and others that cannot be empty (semantics)
  • Meta tag "best pracices"
  • Anti-SEO hunter (bad, old SEO practices detection)
  • jSession string and other identifiers in URLs
  • Accessibility checks
  • DHTML event registration
  • Ajax style links (# fragment links)
  • .... more and more

So my bookmarklet is/was mix and
I'm thinking (thanx to @souders)
about splitting it into more categories now
and maybe "reuse" existing code or whole bookmarklet,
once they will comply with minimal "js qualities" ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment